Last updated 17 June 2022
Regulatory Rapporteur is published and wholly owned by TOPRA (The Organisation for Professionals in Regulatory Affairs). This peer-reviewed journal is published 11 times per year and available free to TOPRA members.
We want to share information about its services for the regulatory affairs profession with you, through channels which include email, post or social media – but only in line with your preferences and current legislation.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. In your interactions with us, should you provide information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Our commitment to you
- We will only collect the data we need to perform our services to you
- We will ask for your consent before we contact you
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant and based on the preference information you give us
- You can update your preferences at any time
- Your information will be stored securely and only for as long as we need it for the purpose it was collected
- You can ask for your details to be deleted at any time and we expect you to keep us advised of any changes in your details so that they remain current and correct
- You can ask to see a copy of any information we hold on you
- We will not publish information about you which identifies you, nor will we pass on your contact details to any third party without your prior consent unless there is a legal obligation to do so
- We will comply with the current legislation for data protection
What we collect
We collect information to help us fulfil the objectives set out in our constitution: namely, to promote education and standards in regulatory affairs, to collect statistics and cooperate with allied organisations.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, employer and job title
- Your contact information including email addresses, postal/social media addresses and postcodes
- Demographic information such as date of birth, gender and nationality and other information to assist with diversity monitoring
- Educational information
- Your preferences and interests
- CPD information uploaded by you or via automated processes
- Other information relevant to surveys and/or offers
Most of this data will be supplied by you when you use on-line forms and accounts or when you participate in surveys. Other information will be collected by automatic means e.g. cookies (see later).
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to meet our obligations to you as a TOPRA member and user of Regulatory Rapporteur’s online publishing platform. We also use it to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
Specifically, data may be used for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping (e.g. members and attendees at events)
- Administration, management and improvement of the services we offer (including awards, accreditations, qualifications and networks)
- To provide information on other goods and services which we think you may find interesting or valuable
- To contact you for market research or statistical purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail
- To customise our website according to your interests
We will only collect information that is relevant to our objects and the services we provide, and we will only keep it for as long as reasonable for that purpose.
Data storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
TOPRA has a Data Retention Policy which means that personal data is held for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or in line with legal requirements.
Controlling your data
You have the right to access, rectify, delete, or restrict the use of data we hold about you.
- You can visit the preference centre to update your preferences
- You may ask to see the personal data we hold on you in according with our Subject Access Request policy
- You may request deletion of your record on our database at any time
Cookies on the Regulatory Rapporteur website
Among the tracking tools we use are UTM codes and Google Analytics cookies. UTM codes allow us to determine when a user has arrived on our site from an external link (such as a link in one of our email newsletters) or from an advertisement on our site or placed with a third-party website, social media platform, or publication. The data we receive from these codes does not contain personally identifiable information.
Most browsers and phones have ways to stop accepting classes of cookies, or to stop accepting cookies from a particular website. Help in turning off cookies can be found in your browser or mobile phone help files or here. Please be aware however that using cookies is required for some functionality and turning them off might therefore mean you are not able to use this website as intended.
Links to other websites and third parties
Our website may contain links to other external websites of interest. Please be aware that we do not have any control over the other websites and are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting them, noting also that they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Occasionally we may use advertising on social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn, and on third party websites to promote TOPRA events and campaigns and to encourage people to join TOPRA. We will not use your member data to target our advertising on social media platforms.
We will not sell your personal data.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share it to comply with any legal regulations, to meet good governance obligations, to enforce or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TOPRA or others with whom we have a business relationship, or to purchasers or prospective purchasers in relation to a disposal of our business or assets.
We may use third party service providers to support our provision of our services. Such will relate to business functions, including (without limitation) IT support, hosting our data on cloud platforms, legal, accounting, audit, consulting and other professional service providers, and providers of other services related to our business.
Portions of our services may be provided by organisations with which we have a contractual relationship, including subcontractors, and, accordingly, your personal data may be disclosed to them. We only provide these organisations with the information that they need to be able to perform their services. We will have in place an agreement with our service providers which will restrict how they are able to process your personal data.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: TOPRA, 6th Floor, 3 Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9GE, United Kingdom, or email us at email@example.com.
Please note that TOPRA may update this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.